Wow, it is hard to imagine, mainly because I do not know what to expect: I have no idea where I will be teaching but I also have no idea what other inventions society will come up with!
However I shall try my best to imagine....
I really want to teach in an inner-city school, where the diversity rate is high and the students often come from broken homes-- I have a heart for these students... however, in a way it limits my abilities to achieve in the classroom what I could do in a different school. what I mean is that inner-city schools are usually poor and have little funding, especially for things such as technology, thus I will have to settle for what will be available to me... while I would love to have a Smart Board, Flip Camera and computers in my classroom, I cannot be confident that I will. Thus the minimum technology I will use would be frequently using computers to compose research, create presentations and videos and participate in a class blog. I think blogging is a great idea, especially because we all can view it and participate in discussions; in addition, it is a great tool for keeping parents informed about events in the classroom.
I would also like to use kidspiration and inspiration; I think these programs would be especially helpful for younger classes. And finally, I hope I will have a smart board, just because I think it makes learning more cooperative and engaging and it is a great tool to use for teachers.
Besides this, I think that my classroom will be well organized, "cozy" (I want to create a safe and welcoming atmosphere) and balanced...
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that is really cool that you want to help children who come from broken homes. They are the ones who need us the most so I hope that you are able to do this! I agree that while it is impossible to say what the future will hold for us, we should make the most of what technology we have. It is also important to be creative and think outside of the box. Good luck, Liliya!
ReplyDelete