I love these programs! it would be impossible for me to survive without them, they are so useful and offer such a wide variety of options and best of all they are not hard to learn. in my past i have taken a class learning about each of these programs but that was with the old edition, now that the new one is out it makes things a little more complicating but also exciting. Complicating because I am required to learn many new things but also exciting because it offers more options and is more user friendly.
Some of the functions i use regularly in each of these programs are:
Word
Copy/paste
Font
Bullets
Header/footer
Tables
Inserting pictures
Margins
Columns
Indenting spacing
MLA citation
Spell Check
Thesaurus
Word count
Text wrapping
and more
Excel
Formulas such as SUM and Average
Tables
merging
format painter
sorting data
header/footer
filtering
formating cells
and many more
Power Point
this, out of all the programs, I use the least..
adding slides
changing background
animation
transitions
text box
slide show
handouts
and the like...
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally share your idea that the newer versions are both complicating but exciting. It is hard to learn the intricate details of a new version of software. I think that is why we so often do not carry out the effort to do so. However, I love the feeling you get when you know software. When you really know it... in and out.
ReplyDeleteThese progams, like you said, would practically be impossible to live without. They help with so many assignments, organizational items, and just writing. I totally share your sentiments. Keep learning:) Even though it is complicated!