this was an extremely fun assignment! there were many useful websites which I found, however, here I just wanted to post the best sites or those that are unique. www.nationalgeographic.com/education I want to teach social studies in middle school, so I thought that this website would be very beneficial and I would probably use it often. it includes valuable information, videos and photography from all over the world. this website is a great resource for geography and history classes.
http://www.historyforkids.org/this is another history website. It offers anciant history form all continents of the world. I am fascinated by world history and on this site I especially liked the ideas for crafts....
http://www.teacherplanet.com/ i thought that this website was great because it offers variety of tools for teachers, including lesson plans for many differnt subject, games, worksheets, etc
http://www.panoramas.dk/US/ I thought that this website was very cool and something that would be useful in geography or history class. It has panoramic pictures of different places and events - I thought it would be beneficial to show them to students when you are studying one of the places that the website includes.
Even though I was a little confused when using delicious, I think it is a great tool to use in school, for both the teachers and students.
The teachers can use delicious to share useful websites for their classes. Delicious will also be useful to students because they can also share cool sites with their class, in addition a teacher can create a separate account for her class and the students can use it in order to do the assignments they have been assigned in class.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment