Monday, February 23, 2009

beginning of semester reflection.....

technology..... is such a broad term yet holds such a vital position in our daily life. I was born in a rural third world country and was not introduced to a computer and many other technological devices until the age of 10 when I came to America. At first, much of the technology was foreign to me and I could not find any meaningful use for it- that is because I did not understand all of its potential. However, in a very short period of time I got a hold of it and today I cannot go on a day without using any of my technological devices. I think this is how technology is for many teachers- they do not use it because it feels foreign and they do not understand all of its potential.... Unfortunately!
I think that technology is powerful tool to use in a classroom. 21st century kids are immersed with technology and we must not deprive them of it but use it to enhance their learning and help them acquire the education they need in order to succeed in life.
Children are fond of technology and use it on daily basis; that is why I strongly believe that teachers ought to familiarize themselves with various technological tools and use them in their classroom to better enhance student learning.

1 comment:

  1. Good reflection. I wonder how different your reflection would have been if you had written it at the very beginning of the semester. Yes, teachers (and others) do not use technology because it feels foreign and they do not understand all of its potential. It isn't always easy to incorporate technology, but hopefully this semester will equip you with some tools that will make using technology in the classroom possible.

    ReplyDelete