I have never heard of Smart Board before coming to this class, and honestly when Professor Sorensen demonstrated to us Smart Board for the first time I was not at all excited because I did not realize the potential and different uses for it. However, after having some time to discover it and play with it I learned to like it very much and now I think it is a great tool to have in class. It allows more class participation and makes class lessons more fun and engaging. I am sure students love it because it gives them a variety of methods in doing school work- it's not just paper and pencil anymore! I think it is also great for teachers because it gives them a different way to teach students and adds diversity into their teaching practice.
Before class I looked at different activities it offers and I got to play them in class- it was fun! Overall, I think Smart Boards are defiantly here to stay! (and it’s a good thing :) )
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great reflection on the SB and I hope that you have an interactive white board in your future classroom. It is a great tool for you as a teacher and has a great impact on student learning. There are features of the board that I haven't yet discovered -- it all takes time.
ReplyDelete