In general, I liked the article and thought it brought up some good points. It is true that technology is a huge part of student’s lives and there is no way to escape the use of technology. Even though teachers are often busy and do not have enough time to educate themselves on matters of technology use, it is still very important for them to do so because this way they will become better teachers and the use of technology will increase student participation and enhance their learning.
I was especially glad that the article did not only talk about the need of integrating technology into education but also gave specific examples. I thought that using blogs would be ideal for upper grades; I think this is something that I would be interested in doing. However I had some doubts about making and posting videos- I think that many students will not feel comfortable doing this, especially during adolescent years.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know if i agree with your last statement about posting videos. One of my projects in high school for my Spanish class was to create a movie clip in Spanish and it was really fun. We created a CD for it and watched ourselves make a fool of ourselves or saw other people's cool presentations and effects with their movie and it was a lot of fun and a great learning experience.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Tammy. As intimidating as putting a video together can be, the process is so fun and such a learning experience. The student really feels like he or she can really walk away with something tangible and something they are proud of. They made a video!
ReplyDeleteAs for what you said about the article, I totally agree. I like how the article did not tell you one thing and not give practical ways on how to do that one thing. I like the suggestions within it.